Featured

Landlord fined following near fatal fire

‘Extremely fortunate’ no loss of life A landlord from Leyton near London has been handed fines totaling over £7000 after a near fatal fire broke out at one of his properties. Mr Fai Lee owned what he claimed to be two self-contained flats, but following a serious blaze at the…

Business avoids major fire following safety review

New alarm saves property An Isle of Wight business was saved from devastation due to a visit from local firefighters to share fire safety advice, reports the Island Echo. Andy and Cheryl Greenwood, owners of the Wight Mouse Inn in Chale, owed their thanks to Isle and Wight Fire and…

Whitby restaurant owner landed £50k fire safety fine

Man admits 6 offences The owner of a restaurant in Whitby, Yorkshire, has admitted to six fire safety breaches and been handed a fine of £50,000. Mr Azad Hussain, former company director of Kam Thai (Whitby) Ltd, admitted the offences at York Crown Court this week. The prosecution came after…

Landlord hit with huge £100k fine for breaching fire safety rules

Numerous offences found A landlord from Manchester has been slapped with a massive fine of £100,000 for breaching management rules, including fire safety failings. Beckhall Properties was ordered to pay the hefty bill after the breaches were found at five Whalley Range flats. Council inspectors discovered a catalogue of breaches of…

Housing manager back in the dock over fire safety failings

Man faces fines totalling nearly £50,000 A housing manager from Nottingham faces fines of almost £50,000 after being landed with a further £23,000 fine for fire safety offences. Mr Zain Khan has only paid £150 of a previous £27,000 fine issued last year for allowing tenants at his properties to…

Coventry landlord faces jail following serious fire

Judge ‘very seriously considering custody’ The landlord of a house of multiple occupancy in Coventry faces a prison sentence after a fire at the property left one of the tenants with 40 per cent burns. Two of the first floor tenants were trapped in their rooms by the fire, which…

Sign In

Sign Up