Small Fire Near Student Accommodation Extinguished

Small Fire Near Student Accommodation Extinguished

Bolton Street, Liverpool city centre.
A small fire near student accommodation was extinguished by firefighters.

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 3.40am to Bolton Street in Liverpool city centre.

The fire involved a small quantity of rubbish on open ground near the Grand Central student accommodation block. It is thought smoke from the fire had also travelled into Rileys Sports Bar activating smoke alarms at the location.

Firefighters checked the exterior of the building where Rileys is located for any further signs of fire. No signs were found.

A hose jet was used to extinguish the rubbish fire. An area of wooden boarding on the side of the student accommodation block, around half a square metre in size, was damaged by fire.

A fire engine from City Centre Community Fire Station attended the call-out. Firefighters had left the scene by 4.16am.

Sign In

Sign Up