An exploding e-cigarette set fire to a school caretaker’s office and damaged the building.
Firefighters were called to Wyvil Primary School in Lambeth, south London, at 9.45am after the small room was engulfed by flames.
Investigators believe the device was being charged through a computer using the wrong type of adapter.
Damage: scorch marks on the walls after the blaze (Picture: London Fire Brigade)Around 320 members of staff and pupils were forced to evacuate the building, but nobody was injured.
The room was left seriously damaged, with scorch marks up the walls.
London Fire Brigade has warned users of e-cigarettes to use the correct adapter when charging the equipment.