An old people’s home in Cornwall has been damaged after a large-scale fire broke out in the utilities room over the weekend.
June) after Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service were called to the single-storey building on Barbican Road, Looe, at about 3.30pm on Saturday (16ththe alarm was raised.
Crews from across the county battled the blaze for over two hours before bringing the flames under control at around 6pm.
They managed to confine the fire, which appears to be accidental, to a launderette at the complex of 11 self-contained flats. No injuries have been reported so far.