Fish and chip shop evacuated after fire

Fish and chip shop evacuated after fire

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a St Annes fish and chip shop.

Fire crews from Lytham, St Annes and South Shore were called to the newly-opened Seniors Fish and Chip Shop on Cross Street at around 10am.

A fire in an extractor fan had caused smoke to billow into a first floor flat above the shop and into premises next door on either side. Six firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used two hosereel jets to extinguish the fire and two portable fan units to extract the smoke and heat.

A male member of staff suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation and was attended to by ambulance paramedics before being taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Original source: Blackpool Gazette

Sign In

Sign Up