Evans Road, Speke
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a recycling plant in Speke.
It broke out in the yard of a recycling centre on Evans Road just after 11.30am.
A large quantity of plastic,measuring 700 cubic metres, was damaged by fire and a number of propane cylinders were damaged by heat.
Firefighters managed to contain the fire and stop it spreading.
Corrugated sheeting in two of the outbuildings were damaged by heat and smoke and a vehicle was damaged by heat.
A 20-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Whiston Hospital by ambulance. Another man suffered minor smoke inhalation and went to Whiston Hospital for a precautionary check-up.