70% Of Commercial Property Fires Are Caused By Extractor Fans

70% Of Commercial Property Fires Are Caused By Extractor Fans

Are you in charge of the running of an eating establishment such as a public house, restaurant or takeaway? Did you know that your kitchen extractor fan can actually be a massive fire hazard due to a build-up of dirt and grease inside? Think about it for a moment – have you ever actually cleaned or had someone external in to clean the internal areas of your fan? If not, you are at a high risk of a fire.

Furthermore, did you know that 70% of fires in commercial kitchens such as in public houses, restaurants and takeaways are caused by a build-up of dirt and grease internally in extractor and ventilation fans/systems? Be aware and make sure you keep on top of the maintenance of your ventilation systems to reduce the risk of your establishment falling victim to accidental fire damage.

Fire and Rescue crews and services nationwide recommend that food and drink establishments should get their extractor and ventilation fans/systems serviced, cleaned and risk assessed once every 3 to 6 months, dependent on how often it is used and demand.

Moreover, think to yourself – is it worth not spending a few hundred pounds on cleaning your ventilation systems and risking the possibility of an unexpected blaze that could cause thousands of pounds of damage to your kitchen and other areas of your establishment?

At Public Loss Adjusters, we have dealt with many accidental commercial fires. If you do unfortunately suffer from one at your public house, restaurant or takeaway we can help you and work on your side. Additionally, we can offer you help with the fire damage restoration and put you in contact with one of our trusted and preferred contractors.read more from www.publiclossadjusters.com

Sign In

Sign Up