Buckinghamshire hairdressers devastated after fire

Buckinghamshire hairdressers devastated after fire

The owner of a hairdressers in Buckinghamshire has revealed he was devastated after fire tore through the building earlier this month.

Fire crews were called to Haringtons Hairdressers in Marlow on January 4th to tackle the blaze, which is believed to have started in a faulty electrical junction box by the entrance to the shop.

The entire ground floor suffered smoke damage, while parts of the second floor offices were also hit by the effects of the fire and smoke.

David Lambert, director of Haringtons, told the Bucks Free Press: “It is devastating news for our staff and clients but we are very grateful that no one was injured in the fire.”

Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, a ‘suitable and sufficient’ fire risk assessment must be conducted on all commercial properties in England and Wales.

If the fire risk assessment is deemed to be carried out to an insufficient extent, the Responsible Person can face an unlimited fine or a prison sentence of up to two years.

Sign In

Sign Up