0151 647 5316
Office hours 9am-5pm
Out of hours callout
0151 639 1183

News

The Firework Code

If you are thinking of using fireworks as part of your celebrations, please follow the safety advice below. Having fireworks at home can be great fun as long as they are used safely. Figures have shown that more children than adults get hurt by fireworks. Fireworks are safe if you use them properly. If you… Read more »

Candles in the home

A few candles scattered round a room can lend a warm glow to an evening, but please remember that candles also bring fire into your home – so they need to be treated carefully. Safety advice Here are some safety tips that will help you to use candles safely: Outdoor candles should never be used indoors Leave at… Read more »

Chinese New Year (31st January) – Celebrate Safely

Chinese New Year is the longest and most important celebration in the Chinese calendar. The Year of the Horse begins on31st January 2014. For many it’s a time to celebrate the end of an old year and the beginning of a new one, at home and cooking a special meal for family and friends. With people spending… Read more »

Fire safety advice for restaurants, fast food outlets and take away shops

This page contains fire safety information for owners and managers of restaurants, fast food outlets and take away shops. Fires in commercial premises can be devastating, not only in terms of injuries, but also in the cost of repairs and the disruption to business, with the possibility that your customers may go elsewhere. The information on… Read more »

Chimney Fire Safety

Most chimney fires are preventable. Regular inspection and cleaning of chimney flues will help prevent fires within chimneys. Here are some top tips for safer chimneys: Keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained Make sure embers are properly put out before you go to bed Always use a fire guard to protect against flying… Read more »

Belfast hostel owner prosecuted over fire safety offences

A Belfast hostel owner has been prosecuted and fined for breaching fire safety legislation – an outcome welcomed by the Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS).  The Linen House Hostel, Kent Street, owner was taken to court relating to eight charges of fire safety and was last month prosecuted at Belfast Magistrates Court, which… Read more »

Investigations underway after fire exit blaze tackled

The dangers of obstructing fire exits were again highlighted last week after firefighters were called out to a blaze in the stairwell of a block of flats in Leicestershire. One woman was checked over by paramedics because of smoke inhalation after the incident last Thursday (January 31st) in Rutland Street, Melton, but residents had a… Read more »

Dishwasher Fire Extinguished In Moreton

Firefighters extinguished a fire involving a dishwasher. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 3.43pm to Amberley Avenue, near Saughall Road, Moreton, on Sunday, February 3. The fire involving the dishwasher located in a ground floor kitchen of a property was extinguished by firefighters by 3.59pm. The dishwasher was severely damaged by flames and… Read more »

DJ admits playing fire song after reporting blaze

A DJ has told of his panic after telling listeners about a horror blaze at a block of flats – then airing chart hit Girl Is On Fire. Real Radio’s Paul Harper, 31, committed the gaffe when he followed an update about a fire in Fountainbridge by playing the Alicia Keys song. He said: “I… Read more »