Residents of a care home in Wales had to be evacuated earlier this week after a small blaze began in the laundry room.
Fire crews were called to Llys y Coed care home in Llanelli at around 9.20pm on Wednesday night (14th March), reports This is South Wales.
It is believed that a faulty tumble drier caused the fire, in which no-one was hurt.
Mid and West Wales Fire Service head of Carmarthenshire County Command, Rob Quin, told the news provider: “Our firefighters and the care home staff must be commended for the excellent job they did in keeping the residents calm and informed throughout the evacuation.”
A ‘suitable and sufficient’ fire risk assessment must be conducted on all commercial properties in England and Wales, under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
If the fire risk assessment is deemed to be carried out to an insufficient extent, the Responsible Person can face an unlimited fine or a prison sentence of up to two years.