Shopping arcade evacuated after fire

Shopping arcade evacuated after fire

Shopping arcade evacuated after fire

Chapel Lane, Southport

A shopping arcade in Southport was evacuated following a fire on Saturday.

The fire broke out at Marble Place shopping precinct on Chapel Lane at around 10.50am.

Firefighters were called out after an extension lead overheated in the atrium.

The lead was damaged by fire and there was heat and smoke damage to the remainder of the room.

Two fire appliances attended and firefighters were there for around 25 minutes.

Sign In

Sign Up