Wirral Fire Protection are are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic Electrician/Fire Alarm engineer to join our team.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, re-active and installation works, ensuring all works are completed during the required time period.
- Ensure all works are carried out to meet the requirements of BS5839-1 & 6:2013 and BS7671: 2015 (or any other relevant British Standards).
- Liaise with manufacturers, for technical support, as/where required.
- Produce adequate service reports for all works and ensure all required paperwork and certification is completed in a professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be proactive in identifying variations and non-compliances and ensure adequate information is collated to provide necessary recommendations/quotes to the client.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer, in order to build a stable relationship.
- Be confident in carrying out general electrical maintenance.
- Be available for, and participate within, the 24/7 out of hours fire alarm call out rota.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of BS5839-1:2013 and BS7671: 2015.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of varying manufacturer’s fire alarm systems, both conventional and addressable.
- Be organised and willing with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
- A sound level of communication, administration and organisational skills is key.
- Knowledge of security ingress/access equipment would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of compliance within Health and Safety is essential.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- An honest, reliable and consistent work ethic is essential.
- C&G Electrical Qualification would be beneficial.
- Certification of completed FIA modules would be beneficial.
- Have completed either a recognised electrical or alarm apprenticeship, or a proven track record within the fire alarm industry would be beneficial.
- A full driving licence.