Images show dark grey smoke billowing out of the two-storey property in Salford, with the blaze completely gutting the ground floor
A fire broke out at a house in Salford .
Fire crews were called to Billy Lane in Clifton at 11.37am on Tuesday morning.
Images show dark grey smoke billowing out of the two-storey property, with the blaze completely gutting the ground floor.
No one was injured during the fire, and a spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue said that all occupants were outside the house when they arrived.
One man who witnessed the blaze told how two elderly women had managed to get out of the property.
He then went and banged on the door of the neighbouring house and alerted a teenage boy to what was going on.
“He got out straight away but there was a dog that didn’t and firefighters went back in for it.
“The house on fire looked totally gutted.”
Three fire engines attended and the flames were quickly brought under control.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue said: “We were called at 11.37am to reports of a ground floor fire at a house on Billy Lane in Clifton.”
Original source: Manchester Evening News