A fire has damaged the headquarters of vacuum cleaner manufacturer Dyson in Wiltshire.
The blaze broke out in the research and development area of the Malmesbury-based facility at around 1am on Tuesday (5th June) – just hours after the firm had held a fireworks display in a nearby field.
Fire crews from Malmesbury and Chippenham were called to the two-storey building on Tetbury Hill to put out the flames, which started in the ground floor test area.
A fire brigade spokesman revealed that 11 firefighters had left the scene by about 3.20am.
A ‘suitable and sufficient’ fire risk assessment must be conducted on all commercial properties in England and Wales, under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
If the fire risk assessment is deemed to be carried out to an insufficient extent, the Responsible Person can face an unlimited fine or a prison sentence of up to two years.
It is currently unclear how the fire started, although it is not deemed to have been started deliberately.