Firefighters extinguished a fire involving a dishwasher.
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 3.43pm to Amberley Avenue, near Saughall Road, Moreton, on Sunday, February 3.
The fire involving the dishwasher located in a ground floor kitchen of a property was extinguished by firefighters by 3.59pm.
The dishwasher was severely damaged by flames and heat. There was also smoke damage to the kitchen and heat damage to one metre of work surface. Smoke alarms were present and activated. There was also smoke damage to parts of six other rooms, including a bathroom and three bedrooms and a hallway.
Watch Manager Phil Hunt, who attended the call-out and is based at West Kirby Community Fire Station, said: “The occupiers had been out and the fire had been a slow burning fire which had burned itself out. Because every door in the property was open there was severe damage to the property. We advise people to make sure they close their doors when they are out and when they go to bed and have working smoke alarms on each level of their homes.”
The fire was a suspected electrical fault.
An appliance from Upton Community Fire Station and one from West Kirby Community Fire Station attended the call-out.