Chester restaurant evacuated after blaze

Chester restaurant evacuated after blaze

Chester restaurant evacuated after blaze

Diners at a restaurant in Chester had to be evacuated after an electrical fault sparked a fire at the premises.

Fire crews were called to the Chez Jules restaurant after the fire alarm was raised at about 10pm on Tuesday (January 10th).

The fire, which started in an electric meter, was extinguished by the restaurant manager before firefighters arrived.

Crew manager Gareth Scott underlined the importance of using the correct type of fire extinguisher when attempting to put out a blaze.

“If anyone uses a fire extinguisher, it is very important to use the right one, for example, in electrical fires, carbon dioxide extinguishers should be used and liquid fires should be put out with dry powder or foam,” he said.

Chez Jules’ fire extinguishers and training is provided by Wirral Fire Protection.

Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, a ‘suitable and sufficient’ fire risk assessment must be conducted on all commercial properties in England and Wales.

If the fire risk assessment is deemed to be carried out to an insufficient extent, the Responsible Person can face an unlimited fine or a prison sentence of up to two years.

Sign In

Sign Up