Featured

Newcastle firm fined for putting students lives at risk

A number of students living in a city centre flat in Newcatle have been at risk of death thanks to a number of fire safety violations and the complicit company has been fined thousands, the Chronicle has revealed. John Naz, the company director of Passion Leisure Ltd, which runs Butler's…

Candle Fire Safety Week

People across Merseyside are urged to prevent fires in their home by taking care when using candles. As part of Candle Fire Safety Week, led by the National Fire Kills campaign, Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service is asking people to take simple steps to stay safe. Around 40% of fires…

Cheshire pub falls foul of fire safety law

A pub in Cheshire has been fined for failing to follow fire safety procedures. Both the leaseholder Graham Dennett and Punch Taverns, a pub brand who lease over 4,000 premises across the country, were found guilty at Warrington Magistrates court. The Rams Head Inn, located in Grappenhall, was inspected by…

Sign In

Sign Up