Author: wpbees

Explaining the Responsible Person

Many business owners have a vague idea they might be responsible if there is a fire at their business. They know they might get in trouble with the law if they haven’t got the right things in place. But most don’t really know what a responsible person means and the…
Hard Day’s Night Hotel fire sees hotel evacuated

Hard Day’s Night Hotel fire sees hotel evacuated

FIREFIGHTERS were this afternoon battling a blaze at Liverpool's Hard Days Night hotel. Fire broke out on the fifth floor of the luxury Beatles-themed hotel at around 1.15pm. The hotel was evacuated as four fire engines and an aerial appliance battled to quell the flames, shown on our picture below…

Belfast hostel owner prosecuted over fire safety offences

A Belfast hostel owner has been prosecuted and fined for breaching fire safety legislation - an outcome welcomed by the Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS).  The Linen House Hostel, Kent Street, owner was taken to court relating to eight charges of fire safety and was last month prosecuted…

Investigations underway after fire exit blaze tackled

The dangers of obstructing fire exits were again highlighted last week after firefighters were called out to a blaze in the stairwell of a block of flats in Leicestershire. One woman was checked over by paramedics because of smoke inhalation after the incident last Thursday (January 31st) in Rutland Street,…

Dishwasher Fire Extinguished In Moreton

Firefighters extinguished a fire involving a dishwasher. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 3.43pm to Amberley Avenue, near Saughall Road, Moreton, on Sunday, February 3. The fire involving the dishwasher located in a ground floor kitchen of a property was extinguished by firefighters by 3.59pm. The dishwasher was…

One hundred firefighters tackle Glasgow city centre blaze

A huge inferno was tackled by firefighters in Glasgow city centre on Sunday morning (February 3rd), taking nearly four hours to get under control. Indeed, some 100 firefighters and fire safety officers attended the scene in Dixon Street after a former bedding shop went up in flames at 01.50 GMT.…

Sign In

Sign Up