Whether you love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day can be an excuse to get out for a meal, a day out, or even just to sit at home with your family.
Whatever you choose to do, whether you’re in the home or at work, please make sure to follow our top safety tips to ensure your love life is the only thing ablaze!
- When cooking, ensure that the stove or hob is never left unattended.
- When lighting candles, ensure that they are lit away from combustible items such as upholstery, and that they’re evenly-spaced and placed on a firm, fire-retardant surface away from drafts.
- If a fire occurs, remember portable fire extinguishers are to be used for fires in their early stages – if the extinguisher becomes empty, or you cannot put out a fire, contact the Fire Service.
- Ensure you use the right extinguisher for the type of fire.
- Remember to turn off portable heaters and electric blankets overnight, and do not overload sockets or extension cables.